logo

1/3/11

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life!

Hey There!

Happy New Year! I am very excited to announce that Desiree Dawn Events has officially made it through the holiday season. whew!

Some fun updates: I have 7 weddings lined up for 2011...I am very eager to work with my March, April, and May brides...and again my October and November brides. I have officially been inducted into the "South Florida" wedding season: Spring and Fall!

Now for the big news....



I have joined forces with the Palm Beach County Clerk and Comptroller and the National Croquet Center to coordinate "The Sweetheart Deal"  Valentine's Day Wedding! Forty couples will be married in a group ceremony on the beautiful grounds of the Croquet Center by the city's comptroller...FOR FREE! Sandy James Catering will supply hors d'oeurves and champagne for the couples and their 6 guests (each), Lawrence enterntainment will DJ, Heaven and Earth will supply beautiful flowers and bouquets, and Hoffman's Chocolates will provide delicious cupcakes to celebrate!

http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/valentinesweddings.aspx

Who better to help coordinate 40 couples big day than Desiree Dawn Events!!?!?! All of my services will be donated *as are all of the services besides photography* and these couples will have an awesome Valentine's Day Wedding for a tiny fraction of the cost.

The comptroller is trying to promote local businesses and give these couples the opportunity to have a beautiful wedding in a tough economy. Doesn't get much more green than that! I cannot wait to give support and green guidance to the brides and grooms and meet some fabulous vendors!

What I am hoping for, is that some of the couples will want to host a larger celebration for more friends and family. If they choose to do so, I will help coordinate that day and discount 25% off of my day-of package. And even if no one has a reception this year, that is 40 couples plus their 6 guests (280 people), that will know of Desiree Dawn Events and they can tell their engaged friends! I'm also happy to meet more vendors and make some in-the-biz connections.Sandy Coto, at the Croquet Center is a joy to work with and we will make a great team, no doubt!

I am energized for what 2011 brings...my goals for the business are to get 15 weddings booked, become a vendor on The Knot and Southern Weddings sites, and to create a marketing pack to provide brides and vendors. Here's to you New Year...may you be my Dream Year!

~Desiree

Props to Rachel Jane Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment